Schnoodle Launches its Moon Farming Platform
Moon Farming has Landed!!
Moon Farming Platform: https://x.schnoodle.finance/farming
After months of hard work, late nights and collaboration with the Schnoodle community, our Moon Farming Platform (MFP) went live as part of SchnoodleV7 on Wednesday 8 December at 00:38 CET! 🎉
As with all previous releases, this followed the usual DAO process where the community voted unanimously in favour of the change which was executed on chain in a trustless and decentralised manner with the vote being finalised using the reality.eth game-based oracle.
This is another major milestone for the Schnoodle project and a step further down the road to becoming the most technologically advanced bleeding-edge DeFi meme token on the market.
In this post we would like to give a high-level overview of the moon farming concept and logic, and explain what sets it apart from other projects. We will also take a closer look at the Schnoodle X DApp including simple definitions of the key components which will give you all the info you need to get started with moon farming.
What makes it different to other yield farming platforms?
Moon farming is unlike any yield farming platform out there. ‘Of course, it is!’ we hear you say, but why? 🌔
The Moon Farming Platform logic is based on 3 parameters:
- The amount of SNOOD you choose to farm (deposit amount).
- The length of time you want to farm (vesting blocks).
- The length of time your tokens are locked after farming before you can sell or transfer (unbonding blocks).
That sounds pretty standard so far, right? But being Schnoodle, we wanted to go a step further to ensure the algorithm is both fair to all farmers and also has a gamified element.
We therefore implemented our bespoke Automated Superyield System (ASS for short). In summary, the fund that is used to reward farmers is supplied from a 4% fee on all sells in addition to the amounts added from the reserves. The more people sell, the larger the fund is for loyal farmers who remain.
There is also logic to ensure rewards are apportioned based on the ratio of each farmer’s total deposits to the total of all deposits, and also the ratio of the duration each farmer locks their tokens compared to other farmers. So, if you want to receive more rewards than your fellow farmers, you need to farm a larger amount for longer than them!
This logic effectively calculates a multiplier between 0 and 1 which is applied to each farmer’s gross reward to arrive at a net reward (i.e., the amount you actually receive in your wallet).
In order to ensure the farming rewards are fair, the parameters of the algorithm can be tweaked depending on the farming population and the appetite of the community towards smaller and larger farmers. But don’t be concerned as this will not impact the APY of existing locked tokens as the calculated multiplier is locked in a deposit on creation and cannot change over time. And of course, any changes are agreed by community vote in line with the usual DAO voting process.
What happens to the difference between gross and net rewards?
Good question! We used this as a great opportunity to add an automatic deflationary burning element to the code. Therefore every withdrawal results in a portion of the supply being burned which is ultimately good for the long term price action. We call this mechanism the ASS Burner. 🔥
What does the DApp look like and how do I use it?
As you can see from the screenshot below, the team have designed and delivered a fantastic-looking UI with a simple logical user experience.
The key elements of the UI are described below. This should give you all the info you need to get started!
- Block Number: The number of the current block on the blockchain. This increases sequentially.
- Sell Quota: The net total of buys and sells within the current 24-hour capture period plus a margin of 1 billion. If this goes below zero, the operative fee rate will start to escalate.
- Farming Fund Balance: The number of tokens available for distribution as rewards to yield farmers. This is automatically funded by way of a fee on each sell.
- Operative Fee Rate: The actual fee rate that will apply to any sell that takes place at this moment. If the sell quota is below zero, this will be higher than the regular base rate.
- Eleemosynary Donation Rate: The fee that is applied to each sell that is automatically donated to the eleemosynary fund. 🐅
- Farming Fund Sow Rate: The fee that is applied to each sell that is used to supply the farming fund.
- Total Balance: The total number of tokens you hold including locked tokens.
- Locked Balance: The number of tokens that are locked due to farming and unbonding. If any are unbonding, this will be indicated within the statistic.
- Available Amount: The number of tokens that are available to be deposited which is your total balance less your locked balance.
- Deposit Amount: The number of tokens you wish to deposit.
- Vesting Blocks: The number of blocks (duration) your deposit amount will be locked for before you can withdraw and claim farming rewards. The estimated duration is dynamically generated in the DApp when you input the number of blocks.
- Unbonding Blocks: The number of blocks (duration) your deposit amount will be locked for after you withdraw your deposit. The estimated duration is dynamically generated in the DApp when you input the number of blocks.
- Vestimated Reward: The estimated reward you would receive if you withdraw your deposit upon vesting based on the entered values.
- Vestimated APY: The estimated annual percentage yield that you can expect in rewards based on the entered values.
In addition, you can also view the entire population of farmers via the Moon Control page where you also have access to our unique Metamoon — a visual representation of our farmers on the moon. You can even launch missiles at each other. But it’s friendly fire only, OK? 😉
The following explains how the Metamoon works:
- Every cylinder is a farm whose coordinates are based on your account address. If you have multiple farms, they are clustered near to each other. Each account’s farms have their own unique colour based on your account address.
- The radius of your farm represents the deposit amount (based on order of magnitude). The height of your farm represents the current reward as a proportion of the deposit amount.
- Each farm emits ripple rings. The colour of these rings ranges from red to green representing pending blocks (3+ months to zero). The radius of the rings represents the vestimated APY.
- Hovering over a farm will show data about that farm. Right-clicking a farm will pause the autorotation of the Moon.
- Clicking any farm then clicking another will launch a missile attack. 🚀
What APY can I expect?
Given the dynamic and gamified nature of the Moon Farming Platform algorithm, it means the APY is variable and based on multiple factors such as the amount farmed compared to other farmers, the farming duration compared to other farmers and the size of the farming fund (driven by the number and value of sells). However, during the testing phase where we used the actual wallet values from Etherscan, different farming periods and a multi-billion farming pool (which we expect to have in the not too distant future as sell volumes grow and we seed the fund from the reserves) we noticed the APY was averaging around 50% which compares very favourably to other projects listed on https://eleven.finance.
However, the best way to find out the forecasted APY is to connect your wallet and enter your details! The DApp will show you the expected APY so you can choose before proceeding. We hope you give it a go and start to watch your SNOOD balance increase over time!! 📈
What makes it so gamified, and what benefit is that to farmers?
The magic is in the Autoregulator and Vestiplier working together to create a push-pull dynamic between sellers and farmers, while also creating competition between farmers themselves. The Autoregulator tracks your deposit cumulatively. So if you deposit 1000 SNOOD for 1000 blocks, your cumulative total is 1000 × 1000 = 1,000,000. If another farmer then deposits 10x what you deposited (10,000 SNOOD), you are already ahead of him by 990,000 SNOOD due to the cumulative total that is tracked. Only once time passes and their own cumulative total builds up will he start to overtake you, and diminish your claimable rewards.
How to avoid this? Well, you could put a lower lock period, but then you potentially have a lower multiplier. So, the trick is to judge the appetite of other farmers over time, but don’t hang about too long as early farming yields bigger rewards, of course, especially if you wish to lock in a bigger multiplier. Or, you can wait for the large farmers to withdraw, then your multiplier will be higher on depositing. Unless other large farmers join. Or, you can wait for the farming fund to increase from sells.
As you can see, it’s a completely gamified system, and you have to make the best judgment you can through both experience and observation. One thing’s for sure, the system rewards the strongest farmers, and that doesn’t mean the biggest farmers. 👨🌾
So, the Autoregulator ensures a fair equilibrium between farmers?
Yes, exactly. Let’s say you were an early farmer with a large deposit bag. Your cumulative total is therefore large to begin with. But this will become comparatively less as other farmers’ cumulative totals also build up.
So, let’s say you started with 1 billion SNOOD; your cumulative total at block 1 is 1 billion. At block 2, it’s 2 billion. At block 1000, it’s now 1 trillion. HUGE!
Then someone deposits 1 billion at block 1000. Their cumulative total at block 1000 is 1 billion. At block 1001, it’s 2 billion.
At this point, your cumulative amount is still 500x bigger than theirs. Therefore, the Autoregulator apportions to you 500x more of the farming fund than them.
Fast-forward to block 2000, and their cumulative total is now 1 trillion, and yours is now 2 trillion.
Now, your cumulative amount is only 2x bigger than his. Therefore, the Autoregulator apportions to you 2x more of the farming fund than him.
And finally, why is it called moon farming?
OK, we have an answer for this but it’s a bit technical, so brace yourself…
The core formula underpinning the Vestiplier logic is:
1 ÷ (1 + eᶻ)ᵃ where z = -k₀(x — x₀). 📐
This is because moon farming is advanced yield farming that results in exceptional gains for the strongest farmers, and is designed to gamify the dynamic between sellers and farmers to drive stronger and stronger farming and send the price to the moon.
But also, and more importantly, the logistic formula above results in a sigmoid curve that looks like a trip to the moon!! That’s why it’s called moon farming.
Any questions, be sure to ask the community and team on the Schnoodle Finance Telegram group. They will be happy to help as always. And for a more technical insight, please read our documentation on the MFP here.